Passionate about the news? Want your voice to be heard? The Oklahoma Post is currently in search of talented and driven journalists from your town for our news teams.
Freelance With The Ok Post
Our freelance writers are independent journalists from around Oklahoma, contributing stories on a regular basis.
We are looking for good, clearly articulated story ideas—and writers with the talent to bring these ideas to life. Nearly any subject related to the citizens of Oklahoma is fair game. We value originality, insight, and good reporting. We do not consider poetry or fiction; however, we are in search of a comic writer.
Articles are due on the 20th of the month. For example, articles for April must be in by March 20th.
When you have an article you would like considered for publication, email it in Word or Text format to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to include personal stories if they will help other persons and families traveling down the same path. When writing a personal story, please do not include the names of minors or other identifying personal information.
- Perspectives – these are either editorial-style position statements or blog-style reflections/stories. Approximately 500-1000 words.
- Topic Focus – These articles address specific topics in a variety of ways and may include sports, personal stories, reflections, and other pieces that fit in our category types. Take a look at our menu to see all of our category types. Approximately 750-2000 words.
- Features – these articles address topics we select for more in-depth focus. Frequent topics include in-depth articles on families suffering injustice in Oklahoma, family courts, corruption, politics, and events impacting the citizens of Oklahoma. Approximately 750-2000 words.
Further Article Guidelines:
- Articles must be written by you, with no plagiarism, and properly annotated as necessary.
- Any images or diagrams must be your own creations, unless they are in the public domain.
- Articles should be submitted in Word or Text format. No PDFs.
- While you retain the rights to your article, you must agree to allow it to be distributed freely on the internet as we see fit.
- All articles will be edited for content, accuracy, and grammar/spelling. You will be given the opportunity to approve the final version before it is published on The Oklahoma Post.
- Please write in a simple style minimizing technical jargon as much as possible.
- The Oklahoma Post reserves the right to refuse any article that does not meet these requirements, does not support the mission of The Oklahoma Post, or whose content is inaccurate.
Freelance Content Writing Description:
We are looking for content writers to join our team and enrich our website with new posts.
Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on topics, generating ideas for new content, and proofreading articles before publication. You will be working with our managing editor who will help with copyediting. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d love to chat.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeals to our audience, attracts more people to our website, and boosts brand awareness.
• Research industry-related topics (citing online sources, interviews, and studies if applicable)
• Prepare well-structured drafts using Google Docs
• Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
• Submit work to editors for input and approval
• Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
• Promote content on social media and ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
• Previous experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role preferred
• Familiarity with web publications
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
To apply, use the form below and please send your resume, along with two writing samples to email@example.com
Due to the number of articles received, our staff is not able to respond to all proposals.
Reach out in the form above; if no one has reached out in a reasonable amount of time then please submit an application, including your story and attachments to the editor’s email; Robbie Robertson via email at Admin@TheOkPost.com