Parenting Twice As Hard For Half A Chance: Part IV, This Oklahoma DHS Breakdown

Last updated:
Stillwater, Ok October, 13 (The Oklahoma Post) –

The family court system has become a sport in Oklahoma and is almost always shrouded by attorneys omitting information, coercing people, drafting confidentiality agreements and ignoring privacy laws; it’s an industry of the perceived elite and the home to the crime of parental alienation, child withholding, and state-sponsored child stealing. Oklahoma is unique, in that it still allows actions by officers of the court and state agencies that work directly against the idea of whole families. The actions are often against policy, ethical standards, and exceedingly in violation of constitutional rights of Oklahoma citizens, as the courts recoil around itself and any parent’s case who has been expecting due process and supreme law to be followed on their behalf.

“Parenting Twice As Hard For Half A Chance” follows a sampling of eight (8) family law cases in which we interact with the families and others in the family court system, leading the reader to have to confront some excruciating dilemmas. We want the reader to dig further and decide on their own the answers to the larger community questions of family court corruption.

Our series ends with a story of a somewhat famous Oklahoma politician, who himself has gone through a divorce with minor children, but had a much different experience. His children, health, and time were off limits from attacks by state agencies, attorneys, and judges.

As objective as I try to be, I want to clarify that the termination or limiting of a parent’s rights to their child is one of the most drastic decisions the State is called upon to make. However, the State of Oklahoma does so at an alarming rate with little or no public scrutiny of the legal violations that often take place under the guise of child protection, with the results often covered up, to ensure funding keeps rolling into the family and juvenile courts.

In this story you will read about the ethics, a term used loosely, of the personnel that made the decision to ultimately remove Candice’s children for some time. The agency even attempted to permanently remove those children from her family’s life. In fact, many of the same actors in this story were successful in achieving their goals of permanent child removal from many families in this series. Those persons, the state personnel were guilty of actual crimes; similar crimes that state personnel were using as a foundation to permanently remove the children from these indigent and many times traumatized parents.

Around the time of Candice Hogan’s recovery and injustice, Oklahoma DHS was going through what was supposed to be a major transition. Since 2005, due to Oklahoma being one of the states with the highest number of children in foster care, new plans were being developed. In an effort to improve major deficiencies in its operations and its deteriorating public image, the Oklahoma Department of Human Services claimed to have reshaped the focus, practice, and vision of how the agency served children and families from an “incident-based” to an “evidence-based approach,”. In 2010 a new model for the operation of OKDHS was fully implemented statewide to provide a culture shift from a child-centered to a supposed family-centered practice.

A perfect storm was on the horizon as they say. The OKDHS performance on the ground was at an all-time low. This holds especially true in states like Oklahoma who were at the peak of the Methamphetamine pandemic, affecting citizens all walks of life. The mugshots of DHS personnel posted on small media market publications were a monthly expectation.

These were the persons responsible for making life-changing decisions for children and vulnerable parents. Family and Juvenile courts were also churning out adoptions to persons outside of families at endemic levels. The adoption industry was becoming the go-to option for judges at the urging of corrupted state employees and careless attorneys. Parents were crying foul.

In response, federal laws were enacted to recognize the importance of the family structure. Laws such as the Family First Prevention Services Act (“Family First”) of 2018 and the accompanying guidance for the 5-year Title IV-E State Plans were enacted as part of Public Law (P.L.) 115-123, and authorized new optional title IV-E funding. The State Of Oklahoma’s 2021 plan submittal can be found here.

The Practice Model’s foundation was claimed by the State to have the ability to identify safety threats, behaviors that need to change, and actual change in behavior. These measurement indicators of the performance and health of Oklahoma families remain dependent on accurate measurements. Just like any other process, if an organization has Bad data in, then Bad data comes out. But what if the data presented is fraudulent? Biased? The biggest question is, who is the interface between these parents and children, and do they have the families’ best interest in mind?

Thankfully the days of using a state or “non-profit” agency service as a weapon are coming to an end, right? Not quite. In fact, there were many children removed permanently from the homes of able parents by Oklahoma DHS personnel that had no business in their positions of power. As you read these stories, never forget there are innocent children involved. Above all else, remember the kids.

The Marooned 5 Of Perry

Candice Hogan and her family of five (5) are originally from the small town of Perry, Oklahoma. A growing population just off of I-35 in the rural north-central part of the state. A place where news organizations rarely feel the need to delve deeper into local affairs. Wrestling, Red-Dirt Music and Oklahoma State Cowboy Football is what the masses do to pass the time; rarely eventful enough for the 10 p.m. Tulsa newsdesk.

Growing up near her grandparents, Jan and Frank Marburger, Candice enjoyed the comfort of a close family around her. Her grandmother worked for the State Department of Agriculture. Mr. Marburger was well respected in town, working as a dentist and, for a time, in public service for the State of Oklahoma Health Department. Candice’s dad, Troy Hogan, is the owner of TM Diesal Services and her mother, Meegan Hogan, are back together again after previously having divorced. Troy Hogan is also a father to one other daughter, Candice’s half-sister, born to local attorney Sarah Kennedy. An all-American family, by modern standards, and a good one.

Roughly ten years ago, Candice began, what would become an abusive relationship, with her on-again-off-again boyfriend Cody Beasly. It seems like a lifetime ago, as her circumstances have changed greatly.

Candice first moved to nearby Stillwater, Oklahoma in 2013. Candice’s parents owned the trailer park and trailer that her then-boyfriend Beasley was renting on the 2300 block of South Walnut Street. Just twenty-six (26) years old at the time, she was working hard and had kids to raise. Previously, she had been a nurse at small hospitals but had found temporary work in the bakery at the Food Pyramid before the birth of her twins, Alex and Caden [identities changed] in 2015. She wasn’t working at the time, was on leave, put on bed rest due to some health issues. Candice openly stated that she had suffered from post-pardom depression following the birth of her youngest children, two twin boys. Candice is thirty-six years old now. A proud mother to four (4) children. Her oldest child, Allen [identity changed], was born in 2007, and is now fourteen-years-old (14) and Neva [identity changed] is her thirteen-year-old (13) daughter and her young twins.

Things changed drastically in her life in 2016.

This Oklahoma Breakdown

Stillwater Man Allegedly Beat Girlfriend, Pointed A Shotgun At Her” the headline read on August 12th, 2016 in the local paper. Beasley had been in and out of psychotic and drug-fueled episodes and the abuse had finally escalated to an unsurprising end. Beasley had arrived with a pistol and a shotgun and Candice had nowhere to go. According to Candice, Beasley entered their bedroom, set the gun down, and left the room. “He had woke Neva up and told her to go lay with mom and said they looked hungry and he said ‘I guess I’ll go make something to eat’ and he then set the gun down at the end of the bed.”

That’s when Candice made the move that saved her life; she frantically checked the shotgun, remembering her dad showing her how to open the chamber, and took the bullets out of the shotgun.

“I told him that I was tired of the abuse, and if he was going to do it, then do it, and just let my kids go.” That’s when Candice states that he “[p]ut the gun to my head. Pulled the trigger.” Neva then ran out of the house to get help as Candice was beaten with the gun inside the house. “I took the bullets out of the shotgun. When he was walking back into the room he saw me set the gun down and that’s when he got furious, I remember the sound of my teeth getting pushed back into my jaws, I don’t remember anything after that” Candice continued.

A Stillwater Police Department (SPD) officer went to the address at about 2:15 a.m. on June 07, 2016. The police found Candice sitting on the ground bleeding from her injuries. She had suffered a concussion and had her teeth knocked out. Slurring her words, it was difficult for her to make a proper legal statement on her own.

“I don’t remember how I got out of the house…..when I got out of the house the neighbors were coming to get me.” According to Candice, the neighbors had grabbed the youngest two children out of her bloodied arms and helped her get to her feet.

The first officers to arrive didn’t know if Beasley was in the home, as the call had come in from third parties to the event. One officer on the scene asked Candice’s mother, Megan, to go in and see if the suspect was in the home; one officer went in behind her. Beasley was actually hiding under clothes in the home and couldn’t be located by the police.

“When we were leaving there was a shotgun over in the corner up against the wall in the southeast corner and the cop pointed at it and told me I needed to get rid of it so I told Troy and he got rid of it,” Megan Hogan stated. The pistol was never found and logged as evidence.

Three of Candice’s kids were in the home at the time of the assault. The oldest was staying the night with a friend. After a severe domestic assault, according to the affidavit, she was sitting on the ground with a bloody mouth, several loose teeth, and “a swelling bruise behind her right ear”. The woman was crying and told the officer Beasley punched her on the right side of her head and mouth and said “Cody pointed a shotgun at her head before leaving the trailer.”

When taken to the emergency room at Stillwater Medical Center, the officer learned Candice “had several loose teeth as a result of getting punched in the mouth,” contradicting the statements she was trying to make in regard to the guns. It was never mentioned that the gun was the tool Beasley used when doling out the attack.

“The police were treating me like a drug addict because I was slurring my words because I had just had my teeth knocked out. They treated me more like a criminal than a victim.”

Cody John Beasley, 30, was eventually arrested by Perry police officers in Perry, Oklahoma and picked up by SPD detectives and transported back to Stillwater. He was released on a $25,000 surety bond and ordered to appear “with legal counsel” at the Payne County Courthouse on August 26, 2016.

Welcome To The Hotel Stillwater

Troy and Megan Hogan were trying to help, the best they knew how. There was no map offered to the family to help them navigate this difficult family situation. Their daughter was in misery and quickly released from Stillwater Medical Center. The grandparents had helped Candice by organizing her children and getting the young family a hotel room to rest, out on Oklahoma Highway 51. Candice had left the crime scene by ambulance, and her grandmother had picked her up from the hospital that morning and taken her to the hotel to sleep. Candice knew when she woke, she was going to need to check with a local domestic violence shelter to help keep her family safe and to provide immediate resources. There had been no instruction from a court, social workers, or police to begin a process of domestic violence services; however, on her own accord had the idea in her plans.

“We took the kids to the hotel, Candice and mom arrived at the hotel room around 5 a.m.,” Megan Hogan stated.

The next day is when the Oklahoma Department of Human Services showed up. A person named Texana arrived at the hotel with the information she had received from Stillwater Medical Center and was charged with removing the children from Candice’s care.

Megan stated, “My mom went and picked up the oldest at his friend’s house at the trailer park. Troy, mom and I talked about what had just happened and where the safest place for Candice and the kids to go would be. Candice was exhausted so she fell asleep quickly. Later I returned to the room to learn DHS had taken the kids. Texana’s biggest issue, she kept asking why Candice was sleeping so hard, she wanted to know if something was wrong with her, or if she was on drugs. My God, I thought, my daughter was beaten and horrified for hours and then spent the rest of the night at the ER, they were here to get rest. I told DHS we were there to take care of the kids and there wasn’t any reason to take them.”

The DHS worker had told her to bring their clothes, diapers, favorite blanket, and animals and she had to be there before their office closed. The family barely made it to the DHS office before they closed the doors. This was all occurring the day after the attack. The day they were trying to care for Candice’s health and protect their family.

According to her mother, Candice woke up and was crying hysterically. She frantically called DHS and demanded to see the kids. Candace told us that she called Texanna, “she informed me I could come up to the DHS office and bring the kid’s clothes and say bye,”.

Candice went into a deep sleep that eventually turned into a nightmare. “When I woke up, my kids were already gone,” Candice stated.

That’s the extent of the outreach from Oklahoma DHS after removing the children. The State of Oklahoma wouldn’t let Candice have the kids until background checks came back on the grandparents. So, for a week and a half, no one knew exactly where the two youngest twins were located. The two oldest children were staying at an uncle’s place in Norman, Oklahoma.

“Took forever to get my children out of foster care because Texana kept the twins herself, at her own home for a week and a half. It took a week or two to get the kids with my grandmother Jan Marburger, mom Megan Moore, and Uncle Jeff Marburger and I did not have a clue where my kids were until DHS brought them to my grandmother. “

Later that evening Candice went and stayed with her neighbor in Stillwater. Candice’s father, Troy, was next door fixing the back door from the night before when the Stillwater Police Department arrived around 2 a.m. to wake Candice and take photos of her injuries.

The next day is when Beasley was picked up by police in Perry, OK and taken to Payne County, where he was charged with: Count 1 Feloniously Pointing a Firearm and Count 2 Domestic Assault and Battery in the Presence of a Minor (Case# CF-2016-424). His bond was set at $25,000. Candice didn’t have representation to start her legal journey the day her children were removed.

Exposure To Domestic Violence And Institutional Misogyny

During this time, Candice reached out on her own to get services through the Iowa Tribe for domestic violence services. The Tribe was able to successfully obtain Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, whose office at the time was run by Brenda Nipp. Nipp is now the Assistant District Attorney for Payne County.

The Iowa Tribe also helped her get an emergency protective order against Beasley on June 9, 2016 (Case# PO-2016-140). The tribe valiantly advocated for Candice throughout her ordeal.

Before DHS ever instructed Candice to get domestic violence services, again on her own accord, Candice met with Edwin Fair and Gateway Mental Health for her health and safety.

On July 16, 2016, DHS requested a 90-day review in case JD-2016-29. Meaning Candice’s kids were to remain with her family members until the court ordered otherwise. At the time, the courts had 30 days to prepare an ISP for Candice to begin the process of returning her children. The two youngest, the twins, were ordered to temporarily stay at their grandparent’s in Perry.

“The twins had bruises on their legs,” DHS Texanna said in a written report. That was the extent of the reasoning for extracting the children from Candice and taking the children into the care of the State of Oklahoma. Candice’s family claims that the DHS personnel was extremely hateful from the start of the situation.

Just one (1) month after her attack and after the children were initially taken from her, Candice was to experience a new traumatic event, the removal of her children being enforced by court order and being placed on an Individual Service Plan (ISP), pursuant to Oklahoma Statute Section 1-4-704 of Title 10A, with the court and DHS. For persons like Candice who are not law trained, don’t have sound legal representation and are in the midst of trauma, the law is extremely difficult to navigate and the opportunities for sabatoge by bad actors, including opposing parties, opposing counsel and state workers is extremely high. The continued removal of her children and the actions of the State to silence her eventually led to Candice suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Candice said, “Not too long after all of this, the DA called me up to the courthouse to talk about the case with Cody. Laura Austin told me that she was sorry about everything and that the Stillwater police had messed up and did not do their job and did not take the gun into evidence and she was afraid if she did not offer a deal he would get off. Mrs. Austin said the Stillwater Police had to take special classes to learn how to deal with DV victims so this would not happen again.”

After the court order was issued, Candice got a call from Jesse Anderson who was assigned to be the DHS case worker. He wanted to meet and set up the ISP. He told Candice that the kids were removed and placed into the custody of the State of Oklahoma for exposure to domestic violence, lack of supervision, and the threat of harm to her children.

According to Candice, “I told him I did not understand why I was getting punished for what Cody did and why the kids and I were not allowed to go to Wings of Hope for help, no one could answer that question.”

In this case, it is important to remember that Ms. Candice Hogan, the subject of the article, has never tested positive for drugs and did not choose to be in the situation where she found herself. A situation of severe domestic violence, in which she quickly had to rely on the support of her family, and soon discovered a nemesis to her family was actually the State of Oklahoma.

When Candice started having visits with kids doing everything she was told to do with DHS and passed every drug test and hair follicle.

The assessment by Gateway mental health professional Ashley Spears listed recommendations on November 22, 2016, some five (5) months later, stating Candice did not meet the criteria for substance use disorder and did not recommend substance abuse services for Candice. Candice was only allowed supervised visitation until January 2017.

I Need A Smoke

According to Candice, she was targeted, and none of the changes the State of Oklahoma was working on to improve DHS were put into practice when inserting themselves into her family’s life.

A year later, on June 02, 2017, Candice was at a friend’s house enjoying her evening. Her sleep schedule was off, she woke up around 3 a.m. and went outside to smoke a cigarette. She didn’t have any cigarettes on her and went to her friend’s truck to grab a cigarette. The truck was parked on the grass in the yard, alongside the road and Candice decided to stay in the truck, where it was quiet, to smoke. Right at the time she took her first puff, an SPD officer was driving by, then flipped around and stopped behind the truck with their lights on.

Candice described her experience, “The officer with badge number 52 walked up to me and asked me what I was doing. I told him and he wanted my ID. I did not have it. I told him I was not doing anything wrong and I did not understand why he even pulled up. The officer told me to turn around and put my hands behind my back; I told him to wait. I have PTSD and I would freak out and have a panic attack, to be easy and to call officer Carson as he knew how bad I freaked out with handcuffs. Officer badge number 52 did not care. He threw me on the back of someone’s trunk and started punching me in the back. I begged him to stop and he said he would ‘if I stopped if I stopped resisting.’ I told him I was not [resisting]. Other officers had shown up by this time. They dragged me to the patrol car and I sat down on the step into the car and told them to give me a minute. I was hyperventilating. Another officer went to the other side of the patrol car and grabbed my arms that were in handcuffs and pulled them backward. It was so painful I was hurt all over my body and told the officer on the way to jail I thought my arm was broke. He didn’t care.”

Candice continued, “When we got to Stillwater PD they strapped me down in a chair and rolled me into a cell. I begged them not to do this, it was making my PTSD trigger and they shut the door. I cried and told them I was sorry, I would not be bad again but please just take the handcuffs off. I said this over and over. I heard another cop at this time kind of getting onto the other officer and then he opens the cell and said he was the sergeant on duty and he was sorry and started unstrapping me, asking me if I was hurt or anything. I just said I would be fine, holding my arm and crying. He handed me some clothes to change out in and took me to my cell. In the morning, the jailer came to get me and said she did not understand why I was being released from city jail cause the charges of resisting arrest are county charges.”

Bailbondsman Debbie Sisk was there to pick Candice up from the city jail. According to Candice, the jailer said, “Debbie said it sounds to me the officer made a big mistake looking at her, she looks beat up bad.” Candice recalled, ” When released, Debbie asked if I wanted to go to the hospital and I told her I just wanted to go to my parents. When I got to my parents, my mom started taking pictures of all the bruises on me from the police officers. My friend Brian Wetzel and another girl that witnessed everything from the night before showed up to check on me and said they saw all of what happened, and the police did not have any right to do what they did. After they left, I cleaned myself up and locked myself up in my room at my parents for a few days.”

On June 06, 2017 Candice checked herself in at Access Urgent Care. The doctor was Kathryn Smith, and according to Candice, “she said I had a fracture on my left wrist and [the doctor] put me in a wrist splint then checked all my other injuries, then released me.”

Candice never appeared before the Payne County Court for the charges of resisting arrest on October 04, 2017, (ticket #E10053865/E10043904). The type of arrests, without probable cause, with information in police reports that in the end, just didn’t add up, were beginning to become a pattern. Not just for the young mother and her choice of friends, but also for the police who now seemed to have it out for Candice.

“I went to City Court and according to the paper the City Court gave me, said to return October 4th, 2017, at 9 a.m.” At that first appearance, the Judge told Candice to contact the City Attorney to get the reports and other information. The clerk gave Candice a note that she had placed into her police file; at the bottom the note stated that Candice suffers from PTSD. Candice returned to court on October 04, 2017 and was told by the Judge that the case had been dismissed. Candice didn’t have legal representation at either court appearance for the resisting arrest case. We reached out to the District Attorney’s office to request documentation of law enforcement training and if the event was listed on a Brady List, but received no reply from the office. A Federal Court recently held that Brady information only needs to be released to persons involved in criminal cases or persons involved in cases where law enforcement behavior is called into question; however, nothing prevents prosecutors from releasing the information to other persons at their discretion.

Candice felt herself starting to give up. No matter what direction she chose, it turned into a dead end. “After rivers of tears, and tireless explanations to people of the trauma of having my kids removed, nothing seemed like I was going to get my life back.” Candice stated.

The Donkey In The Well

Beasley got off with time served. He went back to jail for hurting his new girlfriend (case# CF-2017-00072) in Noble County. Payne County put a warrant out for him, and he went back to jail.

“Cody tried to contact me after he got out, so I decided to go to Wings of Hope, and they put me in the shelter. “

According to Candice, “[i]n January I went to take a drug test and passed. I went home and packed my stuff, I left Perry and moved in with my friend Ashley Potter so I could be closer to my kids. I had to file another protective order on Cody when I moved back because he texted me on September 05, 2018.” Judge Leach in Noble County gave Candice a lifetime protective order against Beasley.

While at the shelter, DHS let Candice see her kids, allowing them to stay with her on weekends. Candice said, “[t]his is when DHS started letting me have my kids for a few weekends at the shelter. When I got out of the shelter, the Iowa Tribe helped me get a house in Perkins, Oklahoma.”

Tonya Henderson became Candice’s case worker and she had quickly started a reunification plan for Candice and her children on January 17, 2018, and all four (4) children were finally allowed to be together, united with their mother with unsupervised visitation. Tonya now works for a legal firm in Oregon specializing in elder care law.

Candice was still passing all the drug tests and going to Grandlake Mental Health for services. Everything was going well for about six (6) months. Unfortunately, things took a turn and Candice said, “one day, after I laid my twins down to take a nap, I went to take a shower and my youngest kids escaped out the window. Perkins police found them outside.” It was a nightmare scenario for Candice. DHS was called and all four children were removed by DHS and placed with Candice’s Grandma.

While the twins were in Candice’s grandma’s custody they escaped her home twice. According to Candice, “Tonya Henderson, at this time, was telling my mom and grandma that she was going to take my rights away and they could adopt my kids, but then she was telling me that at the next court date she was going to start reunification again. “

“I had gotten a new case worker, Tonya Henderson, and she acted like she was for me and the kids but, behind my back, she was telling my grandmother and mom I was not doing anything on my ISP when I had done everything. Months went by and I did everything DHS told me to do and I still did not get very much time with kids and I was still being supervised.”

The day before Candice’s scheduled court date, Candice’s dad had contacted her to announce that he smelled troubled. Megan had been speaking with Tonya on the phone regularly and had called to alert Candice about untrue things that Tonya had been stating to Megan during phone conversations.

After the conversation with her dad, Candice remembered some things about Tonya. “I started remembering that Tonya’s brother and I were friends and he had logged into his Messenger with my phone for me to look at a text between him and my ex. I remembered seeing messages between him and Tonya communicating about selling and dealing drugs. I started taking screenshots of the texts and sending them to [Tonya’s] supervisor, Samantha Hallman.”

Candice continued, “[t]hen I called Mrs. Hallman and went off about how they could be taking my kids from me when I had done everything right and my case worker was working against me for reasons I now know but could never prove it. Next thing I know, we had court and they told Judge Kistler that we had a bit of a setback because the twins escaped from my home and had also escaped from my grandmother’s, but they were working on restarting reunification. Never did they bring up Tonya Henderson and what she did. What I was told by DHS was they had allowed her to resign. Tonya was never charged or anything and now she works for a law office out of state. Tierra Willis became my new case worker and on August 30, 2018 the kids came back to live with me. On the 7th day of January, 2019 Judge Kistler issued the final permanency order (exit order).”

We reached out to DHS to ask about Tonya Henderson and were told she never worked there. Based on Candice’s statement to us, along with DHS dodging our inquiries and denying Ms. Henderson ever worked there, we can only assume her resignation was not voluntary and her exit took place quite swiftly after Candice sent the screenshots to the supervisor and was done very quietly. Interestingly enough, Ms. Henderson and Jesyca Rosholt (pictured earlier in this story), and Chealsea Kieg worked together at DHS and even possibly shared an office. The testimony of these women have been used in Payne County Court as well as other area county courts to permanently remove children from their parent’s custody. Those indigent parents have yet to file petitions or appeals to get their children back and are left hanging in legal limbo.

I asked Candice, anything you would say to parents dealing with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services?

“Yes, I don’t trust the police or DHS. They should be protecting and trying to help, but all they do is destroy. So, if there was ever a real issue that I needed help for, they now would be the last resort [for us] in fear they would take my kids. To parents dealing with DHS, don’t trust they have you and your kid’s best interest. Always record documents and keep all records, dates, times, and detailed notes when speaking with them.”

While Candice and her children were permanently reunited following the January 07, 2019 Permanency Order, which happened just months after she discovered and reported to DHS what had been stirring behind her back, she still looks over her shoulder wondering if DHS or law enforcement will be knocking at her door again given her traumatic experience with both. Her attorney did not appear to take legal action on the matter. As she has stated, they can’t be trusted and things must change for parents like her in Oklahoma. When reviewing this case it became clear that the idea of the Oklahoma judge as finder of fact has been replaced by the sua sponte- the ipse dixit and blatant caveman tactics.

We are thankful for the leaders in Oklahoma standing up and doing the right thing to keep families together. Family values have always mattered to Oklahomans and it is time to show support for those leaders that come forward to promote families over profit.

(Writing by Gregory Moyer; Editing by Robbie Robertson)

Copyright 2022 The Oklahoma Post

* This publication contains the opinion and facts of the Ownership of The Oklahoma Post and others who use The Oklahoma Post platform to voice their opinion and expertise. This news article, education, sports update, health news, faith story, public awareness or opinion piece and similar throughout The Oklahoma Post, are guest columns that make an argument, delivered in the author’s own voice, based on fact or their opinion drawn from the information they understand at such time to be reliable, and drawn from an author’s expertise, verifiable information, or personal experience and are not necessarily the views of The Oklahoma Post. Any content provided by our bloggers, columnist, or authors are of their opinion, usually for their community, and do not intend to malign any group, religion, minority, company, or anyone or anything. The Oklahoma Post’s goal is to offer readers community, a robust range of ideas, on newsworthy events or issues of broad public concern from people outside The Oklahoma Post while exercising the freedom of speech of citizens.